It can stop you sleeping, stop you being with people, going to school, eating and more. It can result in a very tough life.
But why do some teens experience anxiety?
It can caused by issues at school.
Issues at home.
Pressures of life.
and sometimes it just happens.
There are easy techniques that can help you to reduce and cope with anxiety, allowing you to get back to your life.
Here is one of those techniques:
Why not give your hard working brain a rest?
This exercise will help you feel calmer and find life easier to cope with.
Get some brain time:
- · Close your eyes, or stare straight ahead at one point on a wall.
- · Scan through your body from the top of your head down to the tips of your toes, just noticing how your body is feeling. Is it comfortable, tired, uncomfortable?
- · Now notice what mood you are in. Are you stressed, worried, happy? Whatever you are feeling is ok, just check-in and find out.
- · The next step is to start to focus on your breathing. Breathing slowly in and out, breathing deep into your belly so that your stomach moves as you breathe.
- · Just focus on your breathing.
- · Do this for a minute or two.
By building this exercise into your day you will find that you are much calmer and more able to cope with life.
Try gradually increasing the time you spend doing this each day from 2 minutes to 5 minutes up to 10 minutes over a number of weeks.
Doing this at the end of your day will help you lower your stress levels.